The EMTRAC Priority Control system, and any components for that system, will not be available for sale, or offered or promoted to new customers, until January 8, 2014. Current EMTRAC customers who wish to maintain or service an existing EMTRAC Priority Control system should contact us directly.
EMTRAC Priority Detector (RF/GPS)
Intersections equipped with the EMTRAC system have an omni-directional UHF antenna (mounted either on a signal pole or on the traffic cabinet) and a Priority Detector, which consists of a 900-MHz spread-spectrum transceiver and a single-board computer integrated in a dual-card assembly that plugs into the traffic cabinet’s detector rack or on an interior shelf.
The Priority Detector is compatible with NEMA, 170/2070, Caltrans, ITS, and custom cabinets. It support up to 16 inputs, allowing for priority calls to be received for multiple phases from EMTRAC Vehicle Computer Units.
Features and Benefits
- Includes serial RS-232 or Ethernet communications, enabling remote monitoring of system activity and configuration of EMTRAC equipment through the existing traffic network
- Supports up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs, with one auxiliary output configurable as a GPS timing signal
- Maintains a database of system activity, which is used to generate detailed event logs and setup reports
- Four main outputs (N, E, S, W) and eight outputs are provided, with each input and output signal optically isolated for 2,500 volts
- Operates on 120 VAC with its own power supply, and fits NEMA, 170, or shelf cabinet styles
- Includes indicator lights for power on, signal received, active output by priority, and direction of signal or channel
- Includes toggle switches to send output in either Priority 1 or Priority 2 mode, allowing manual testing of detector function and intersection response
For detailed specification on EMTRAC components, please contact us.
320 South 11th St.
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Phone: (618) 204-0888